Effective date: February 2021
Cargozone.ai (“Cargozone”, “cargozone.ai”, “Website”, “Site”) is owned and operated by Cargozone Ltd. (“Cargozone”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
Cargozone may collect and use certain personally identifiable information which means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified (“PII”, or “Personally Identifiable Information”). This information is collected when you use the Services or the Website.
Cargozone takes reasonable measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your PII. We use encryption (such as SSL) to further protect the information as it travels across the internet. However, it is important to be aware that the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure and that there is no such thing as “perfect internet security”. In these circumstances we cannot guarantee the security of your PII while or in connection with the use of the Services or the Website.
The Website and Services are for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age, or any higher age of maturity as may be applicable in the jurisdiction in which you are a resident, or if you are using the Services or Website on behalf of an organization, in which that organization is based.
What information do we collect?
If you have chosen to share it with us, we will collect Personally Identifiable Information (including name, address, telephone number and email) to contact you in reply to your message or to send you our newsletter. If you have entered your email address to leave a comment on the blog or sign up for our community forum, it will be used to identify your comment or forum posts.
We may also use the information to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the Services in general.
We do not share your personal information or email address with third parties. Just like you, we hate spam. You may opt-out of our non-transactional emails at any time by updating your account preferences.
We collect information to analyse the performance of our Website and Services and how different parts of our Website are used. To do this, we use services including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, HotJar, and FullStory & others to our choice (“Providers”).
These Providers stores anonymized information about how users get to our sites and from which device types, how content is being used whilst on the site and how long users spend on our site.
These Providers also provide information on interests and demographics of our visitors.
The information is collected using a tag placed on our websites and does not relate to any personally identifiable information being collected.
Cargozone has agreed to retain the information collected using these Providers indefinitely in order to allow us to analyse trends in our website usage over time. This information is anonymous and does not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
Our Websites and Services, including HTML emails (“Emails”), may contain a small snippet of code called a Web Beacon. In their simplest form, web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. Websites may use web beacons and cookies for many purposes, including site usage analytics, advertising auditing and reporting, and content and advertising personalisation.
Cargozone may collect information through Web Beacons about advertising campaign performance, Email interaction, and Website usage statistics. This may include your IP address and the date and time that you opened or interacted with Emails.
We may also use web beacons to “tag” visitors and Users of our Website and Services in order to target them with ads for Cargozone at a later date.
Type of Personally Identifiable Information that may be collected
When you create an account with Cargozone, we will gather Personally Identifiable Information that includes:
- Identity and Contact Datasuch as first name, last name or similar identifier, title, occupation, date of birth, gender, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers and social media links.
- Technical data, financial data, transaction data and usage dataincluding internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website, information on how you use the Website and the Services, information about brokerage accounts, trading activity, details of credit cards and other payment mechanisms, details of payments made to or by Cargozone and other details of products and Services purchased from Cargozone.
- Account dataincludes your username, password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, algorithm code, backtests, code activity, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and communications dataincludes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Information you provide to us:We collect information you directly give us on the Services in various ways, including, but without limitation, when you register for an account or purchase Services, when you use the Services to upload, share, or communicate any information, as well as when you approach us to request customer support or to receive feedback from us.
- Information we get from others:We may get information about you from other sources, such as social-media properties, and other users of the Services.
Information Automatically Collected
Additional Personally Identifiable Information may be collected automatically through your use of the Website and Services. This includes information concerning usage-related information generated from your visit to the Site, including traffic data, logs, pages you visit, your device’s device identifier, mobile network, browser information, operating system, IP address, cookie information, the type of device that you use to access the Services, and any other communication data arising from your access and use of the Services; the characteristics of your usage including number and frequency of visits and geographical location.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Cargozone uses the Personally Identifiable Information that it collects in the following ways:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Services
- To inform you about our products and Services including promotions, events, and other news about our Website and
- To process, verify, and complete transactions, and to send you related information, to enable you to access our Services including uploading, downloading, collaborating and sharing content with other users or third parties and to communicate with us, to build a user database, to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and to provide customer service and support.
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services.
- For marketing, advertising, administrative, analytical, research, optimization, troubleshooting and other purposes.
- To monitor, investigate, and try to deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To improve or better customize the Website and the Services provided.
- For auditing and recordkeeping purposes.
In addition, Cargozone may use personally identifiable information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
We will retain your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will hold Personally Identifiable Information for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable law. In most circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Transfer of Personal Information to Other Countries
If you are an EU resident or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) otherwise applies to you, you may have the right to, upon request, receive confirmation from Cargozone as to whether or not it has processed and stored Personally Identifiable Information, and if so, request a copy of the Personally Identifiable Information.
You may also request to receive certain information and that certain actions be taken, including the following:
- the categories of PII concerned
- the purposes of the storage and processing of PII
- the recipients to whom the PII have been or will be disclosed and where they are located
- the period of time the PII will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period
- the existence of the right to request from Cargozone rectification or erasure of PII or restriction of processing of PII or to object to such processing
- the existence of profiling and automated decision-making, including meaningful information about the logic involved and you
- you may object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or significantly affect you
- you may object to processing of your PII by us for direct marketing purposes and in certain situations to our continued processing of your PII
- you may request the transfer of your PII to another party.
UK residents should note they are entitled to the rights conferred by the GDPR, subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 and legislative action designed to address post EU exit issues under UK law).
How to contact Cargozone
Last updated on: 21/02/2021